Dental Marketing Strategies | Dental Marketing Strategies | Dental PPC Marketing | Dental Website Development | Group Dental Practice Growth | HR For Dentists | Reputation Management | SEO for Dentists | Social Media For Dentists | Strategy
Leveraging Reviews to Stand Out in a Competitive Market
In the ever-evolving world of dentistry, your reputation reigns supreme. Exceptional skills aren’t enough; it's how you're perceived by the public that truly matters. Furthermore, in today's digital age, your online image is just as critical as your offline one.
Nowadays, prospective patients rely on the internet for research before making decisions. With the increasing reliance on online reviews, patients are more likely to choose a dentist with a positive reputation. Reviews act as a powerful endorsement, giving them confidence in your abilities and trustworthiness.
Dr. Bill Anderson of Findlay, Ohio, faced the hurdle of losing a majority of his hard-earned reviews during his transition from a partnership to his new private practice. However, he managed to overcome this challenge and is now getting as many as 78 new 5-star reviews EVERY month! Download our case study to see EXACTLY how he did it. DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY
Unlocking the Power of Reviews
According to an article by Exploding Topics, a staggering 93% of consumers read online reviews before buying, with over half willing to pay extra for positively reviewed businesses. This means that if you're looking to attract a higher quality patient, or more fee-for-service patients, reviews hold the key.
When it comes to online reviews, Google reigns supreme as the ultimate influencer. With an impressive 78% dominance in global searches, Google is the go-to destination for gathering valuable reviews. The site's massive user base and user-friendly review system provide a goldmine of feedback that not only enhances your reputation, but also skyrockets your search engine rankings. Additionally, if your business has already garnered positive reviews on platforms like Facebook or Yelp, it is important to continue cultivating your reputation there as well. This will ensure that you stay ahead of the competition and maintain a competitive edge.
Learn how Dr. Bill Anderson was able to increase his online presence and attract high-quality new patients by leveraging the power of Google reviews. As a result, he more than doubled his new patient goals generating over $200,000 in monthly revenue. See EXACTLY how he did it by downloading our case study. DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY NOW!
Cultivating High-Quality Patients Through Reviews
Positive reviews don't just attract new patients; they help you cultivate high-quality patients. These are individuals who value your services, follow your treatment plans, and are likely to refer others to your practice. Here's how positive reviews can assist in attracting and retaining these valuable patients:
- Trust and credibility: When potential patients see that others have had positive experiences at your practice, they'll feel confident entrusting you with their dental care. High-quality patients seek reputable and trustworthy dental providers, and positive reviews can help you stand out.
- Word-of-mouth referrals: Reviews serve as a form of word-of-mouth advertising and can generate new patient referrals. By consistently delivering exceptional care and encouraging positive reviews, you can attract high-quality patients who are likely to refer their friends, family, and coworkers.
- Patient loyalty: Patients who have a positive experience and leave glowing reviews are more likely to become repeat patients.
Strategies to Amplify Your Reviews
Amplifying your online reviews is one of the best ways to position yourself as a high-quality dentist in an extremely competitive market. By doing so, you can attract your ideal patients who are willing to choose your practice over others. Consider the following strategies to help boost your online reviews:
- Review Management Software: Utilizing software that sends texts or emails, prompting patients to leave reviews
- Team Training: Consider training your team on how to solicit reviews, making the process smoother for both staff and patients. Encourage them to respond consistently to both positive and negative reviews.
- Simplifying the Review Process: Make it easier for patients to leave reviews by providing multiple review platforms such as Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
Unlock valuable tips and strategies in our guide, "Online Reputation Management for Dentists." We've identified the top platforms for reviews, strategies to increase your reviews, and even provided scripts to help your team ask for reviews (including how to respond to a negative review). Download the guide now!
Tips for Managing and Responding to Online Reviews
Mastering the art of managing and responding to online reviews is vital for maintaining a stellar reputation. It's not just about dentistry; it's about demonstrating your dedication to delivering exceptional patient experiences.
Negative Review Example
“Will never go there again. They were rude and didn’t explain the treatment I was getting.”
It can be difficult, but try to see the good in a negative review! It may seem counterintuitive, but having a few negative reviews actually makes a dental practice feel more genuine, especially if you respond well to both positive and negative reviews. When replying to a negative review online, think of it as for the benefit of future readers/potential new patients, not for the person who left the review. It’s an opportunity to send a general reply that shows your office cares about each patient’s experience and is engaged with your online community.
Negative Review Response Example
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and bring this to our attention.
We’re sorry your experience with us was not a positive one and we want to do everything in our power to make it right. If you have any additional feedback, would you consider giving us a call? We would love to hear from you!
Sincerely, [Practice’s Name]”
Tips to Respond To a Negative Review
- When possible, respond personally & promptly to address any legitimate concern and offer the reviewer a way to come to a resolution rather than posting inflammatory comments. Be sure to follow HIPAA guidelines and avoid addressing the patient’s personalized treatment (even if the patient mentioned it in their review).
- Take the problem offline and speak privately to the patient via email or over the phone if that information is available to you.
- Always be polite when responding to a negative review. Resist the urge to be drawn into a back-and-forth, he-said/she-said situation. That never ends well and always paints your practice in a negative light.
- Take negative reviews seriously, but with a grain of salt. Most negative reviewers aren’t out to defame you personally, they could have just had a bad day. If a mistake was made by your practice, admit it and move to correct it.
- See the good in a negative review. If all your reviews are 5 stars, patients tend to assume they aren’t all legitimate. Can you blame them? No one is perfect 100% percent of the time. Sometimes a negative review can contribute to building trust in your practice rather than diminishing it.
Positive Review Example
“Dr. Smith is an exceptional dentist! I had to have a root canal done after hitting my front tooth. I got in with his office right away and the procedure was quick and painless. I was extremely happy with the service I received and his staff made me feel extremely comfortable during the duration of my procedure.”
This is a crucial step in building and managing your online reputation. Many dentists we’ve worked with forget this piece of the process and their reputation suffers because of it. It’s easy to catch negative reviews and realize your office needs to respond. However, it’s equally important for you to respond to positive online reviews. Responding to a positive review is a way to show that your dental practice cares about each patient and is proud of the experience you provide.
Step 1 - Thank the reviewer.
Step 2 - Express hope that they will return for their next appointment.
Positive Review Response Example
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re thrilled you had a positive experience with Dr. Smith and look forward to seeing you for your next appointment!
Establishing your reputation as a high-quality dentist is crucial for attracting quality patients to your practice. By focusing on delivering exceptional patient care, building strong relationships, and actively managing your online reputation, you can differentiate yourself from your competitors and attract patients who value the level of care you provide.
"With Firegang Dental Marketing, I've found a partnership built on trust. They've not only developed a system but made it their own, mastering the art of orchestrating the behind-the-scenes magic that's made me known in my community. Trust the system; they've mastered it." - Dr. Bill Anderson of Anderson Family Dentist
Schedule an assessment with our Firegang team today and discover our behind-the-scenes magic for leveraging reviews and how we used it to propel Dr. Anderson's practice from obscurity to the top of search results.